Monday, April 19, 2010

The Honeymoon is Over...

Ok. So I'm back from Jamaica. I have to say I was a little shocked when I finally turned my phone back on at BWI and saw that the O's were in the midst of a nine-game losing streak.

Brian Roberts on the DL.

Miguel Tejada injured.

Felix Pie out for three months (just saw that today).

The closer position up for grabs, with no one apparently ready to grab it.

Just what happened while I was away?!

I felt confident that with me and the new wife back in MD, the O's would sense the world was right again and play up to par...

On Sunday afternoon, we had every TV in the house tuned in to the game (we were wandering around, unpacking, doing loads upon loads of laundry, etc.). It seemed to work...the O's won just their second game of the season (you're welcome).

Brian Matusz was incredible, and now owns both of the O's wins this season. After the game, it was announced that his 23 strikeouts leads the American League.

On Monday night, though, things fell apart (again). Brad Bergesen was roughed-up (again), and the O's were down 7-0 after the third inning. To make matters worse, the Birds were no-hit through six innings until Nick Markakis slapped a single in the seventh to break it up.

It looks bleak right now, but I still have high hopes that the O's will turn things around. I'd much rather the team struggle early in the season, compared to the late-season swoons that we've all become accustomed to...

Either way, I'll be blogging after every game (or nearly every game) from now on. The wedding was great, the vacation enjoyable. But the honeymoon is over...

No comments:

Post a Comment