Tuesday, April 27, 2010

O's on a Win Streak

I'm still wearing my Cesar Izturis T-shirt.

The Orioles survived a ninth inning rally and beat the Yankees 5-4 on Tuesday night.

The O's became the last team in the majors to win a game at home...

But what a sweet win it was. Down 2-1, the Birds rallied for three runs in the sixth inning, all coming with two outs. They added an insurance run in the eighth inning, again with two outs.

Cesar Izturis, not known for his bat, went 2-for-3 with a (bases loaded) walk. His three RBIs brought his season total to four...

I was watching the game in my bedroom, getting dressed for work...

After Izturis' RBI single put the O's up 5-2 in the bottom of the eighth inning, I decided to honor the man by putting on my Izturis T-shirt. I got it during a T-shirt Tuesday, and honestly can't remember ever wearing it before.

But hey, the man was my player of the game, and he deserved some recognition. The O's were up three runs heading into the ninth inning...what could possibly go wrong?

With two on and two out, Izturis misplayed a routine grounder that would have ended the game. One run scored, and another crossed the plate after Mark Teixeira singled.

Do I take off my shirt? Cut it up? Burn it? What have I done?

With the tying run on third, A-Rod grounded out to end the game.

The Birds have now won two straight for the first time this season, against the toughest teams in the AL East.

And, I'm still wearing my Cesar Izturis T-shirt...

No comments:

Post a Comment