Friday, June 4, 2010

The End of an Era?

Let's hope so.

The Birds were swept again. Three straight to the Yankees. Get this: the Yankees scored more runs (18) than the O's had hits (17) in the series. Absolutely pathetic...especially after being swept in three games by Toronto. The losing streak has reached eight straight.

So this is it.

After weeks of speculation, it looks like Dave Trembley is gone.

I can't say I'm upset.

But what now? Are the Orioles (15-39) going to start winning games?

Look at that record. I've never seen anything like this.

We need a change, but what hope do we have at this point in the season?

The O's are the worst team in all of baseball...no one talks about the Baltimore Orioles without laughing.

Or in my case, cringing. If I hadn't been through this for over a decade, I might even cry.

But we are used to this by now in Baltimore. Defeat. Humiliation. Utter hopelessness.

It was going to be different this year. The O's were ready to compete!

So long, Dave Trembley...you tried.

And failed.

No comments:

Post a Comment